Get all the latest information on the release date for Totara 13.
Totara 13 is the hotly-anticipated upcoming release from Totara. For learning and development professionals who have been keeping upgrade plans on hold until the new version was available, the big question has been: “When will Totara 13 be released?”
The latest information we have is that the Totara 13 release date will be in October 2020, so it should be available for us to use on projects within the next month or so.
It’s no surprise that there’s a great deal of excitement over the Totara 13 release date. It’s more than two-and-a-half years since Totara Learn 12 was released in February 2018. Since 2013, Totara users have been used to at least one and sometimes two new versions each year, so this is the biggest wait to date for a new Totara product.
Why the wait for the Totara 13 release?
Clearly, global events have had a part to play in the Totara 13 release date being pushed back slightly, but the overriding reason for the wait is that this is perhaps the biggest jump forward in Totara’s development to date.
Previous Totara releases have been upgrades and improvements to the Totara Learn learning management system. Totara 13 is the official unveiling of the Totara Talent Experience Platform, which includes not only a new and improved version of Totara Learn, but also performance management platform Totara Perform and learning experience platform (LXP) Totara Engage.
The expansion to this new suite of platforms, which integrate with each other, explains why the Totara 13 release date has been longer coming than previous Totara upgrades. The good news is that it looks set to be worth the wait.
What do we know about the Totara 13 release?
While we won’t have the full picture until we get our hands on the code for the first time, we have been told some of the features we can expect when Totara 13 is released.
In Totara Learn, these include:
- A native mobile app with secure login, push notifications, offline SCORM player and learner dashboard.
- Temporary manager roles and the option to set an expiry date within HR Import.
- Improved SCORM performance.
- Improved graphical reporting.
- Multi-tenancy so that you can ‘partition’ your learning platform by team, division or subsidiary, with managers only having access to relevant tenancies.
More new features are expected to be added over time.
From Totara Perform, we’re expecting:
- Intuitive performance monitoring
- Online and offline real-time data capture
- Versatile goal-setting
- Peer-to-peer feedback
- Skills gaps tracking
- Automated scheduling of check-ins between team members and managers.
From Totara Engage, we’re expecting:
- Bitesize learning chunks within a general workflow.
- AI learning recommendations.
- Curation and sharing of multimedia learning playlists.
- Gamification of learning.
- Detailed analytics.
You can read more about why the Totara Talent Experience Platform might be right for your organisation in this article.
If you’re planning to upgrade as soon as Totara 13 is released, please fill out the form below and we’ll give you a call to start planning your move to the new platform.
Request a callback.
We're Here to Help
Whether it's about upgrading your current platform, starting from scratch with an LMS of your choice or you need guidance on where to begin, we'll be happy to help!