2 June 2020
Delivering product information, training and personalised learning experiences to doctors around the world who are treating patients with Sinclair Pharma products.
Reaching thousands of aesthetic physicians with key training information
Sinclair Pharma is an aesthetics company providing physicians around the world with products used in high quality, natural looking and minimally invasive cosmetic treatments.
With the company operating in Western Europe, US, South Korea, Mexico and Brazil, and via distributors in Asia, North America, Latin America and the Middle East, it was facing a challenge in its efforts to reach all physicians with a training programme that would maintain consistency in best practice, safety and patient outcomes.
In 2017, having realised the difficulty in training physicians in some parts of the world directly, Sinclair Pharma created a basic WordPress website to deliver video training. While not equipped to deliver the high quality learning experiences the company wanted for its physicians, the website at least demonstrated the potential for an e-learning platform to work successfully.
A year later, they approached us to develop a learning management system that would:
- Improve user experience to optimise learning experiences for physicians.
- Offer multilingual training to cater for learners around the world.
- Use layout and design to support strategic goals.
- Engage physicians already using Sinclair Pharma products.
- Provide a platform for prospecting and promoting.
- Integrate webinars within the LMS.
- Present adaptive learning journeys based on each physician’s interests, knowledge and experience.
- Provide better measurement and reporting on the participation of individual learners.
Creating a pioneering online training college
We worked with Sinclair Pharma to create Sinclair College, a pharma LMS e-learning platform that is pioneering within a pharmaceutical sector still heavily reliant on face-to-face sales and training. Using the Totara Learn learning management system, we designed a user interface and user experience that makes it far easier for aesthetic physicians to get the information they need. This includes:
- On-demand videos delivering training on products, anatomy, combined treatments and practice support.
- Programmes guiding the learner from basic training through to advanced techniques on the application of each product.
- Webinars in which physicians can take part in peer-to-peer training on product usage, anatomy and specific topics, with registration done via the platform.
A tagging system provides intuitive training pathways and ensures that physicians engage in training that is suited to their level of experience and knowledge, as well as their professional interests or specialisms.
Sinclair Pharma has full control over registration for Sinclair College, which helps to protect the security and integrity of the information, while also ensuring that admins can monitor and stay in contact with physicians who are using the LMS.
By customising Totara Learn’s open source platform, we have delivered an LMS that is professional, easy-to-use and cost-efficient.
Consistent training for 10,000 physicians worldwide
- More than 10,000 aesthetic physicians are now registered to learn about Sinclair Pharma’s products via Sinclair College. The limitations of the previous website make it impossible to be precise about the number of physicians who used it, but the new LMS has certainly resulted in a significant increase in the number of learners engaging with Sinclair Pharma’s e-learning content.
- Thanks to multiple translated versions of the platform, each physician is able to learn in a language of their choosing improving completion rates and overall satisfaction with the pharmaceutical LMS.
- The platform has received glowing feedback from physicians who, despite not always being the most computer literate of learners, are now able to access the information they need more easily and are guided through relevant training. Sinclair College administrators can track the progress and knowledge of individual physicians to ensure they have all the information they need.